Directs, supervises and coordinates activities of subordinates to assemble, finish and out load a variety of metal containers.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Direct, train, organize, assign and evaluate the performance of subordinates. Direct subordinates include Medium Assemblers, Spray Painters, Salvage and Fork Lift Operators.
- Ensures subordinates’ adherence to safe operating practices, established methods and procedures, product quality standards, schedules and economical operation of Assembly Department activities.
- Determines minimum number of personnel needed to attain scheduled production in sub-departments, including weekly shop clean up.
- Recommends overtime assignment when needed and assigns eligible individuals per Union contract provisions.
- Ensures adequate economical inventory of consumable supplies for personnel and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records, including daily, weekly and monthly overtime rosters, daily absentee report and daily container production report. Collects, sorts and audits employee daily job cards and weekly time cards.
- Administers provisions of Union contract and Company policies governing employees to avoid breaching contract and to maintain high-level employer-employee relations.
- Inform employees of any violations, issues warnings where warranted, initiates disciplinary action as needed.
- Responsible for safe employee conduct, product quality, SPC conformance, performance per established methods and procedures, economical manufacturing costs, meeting production schedules and related administrative duties consistent with workload assignment.
Hourly Production Employees
Education / Experience:
Must have a minimum of one year of college and three years of manufacturing and or supervisory experience.
Skills / Abilities:
Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Must possess good communication skills.
Supervisors must be able to follow written schedules to meet customer requirements.
Must have some ability to schedule departmental tasks to completion.
Interaction with other functional and supporting areas a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,000.00 – $66,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, KY 40219: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: In person