The Logistics Manager will establish, lead, and direct ongoing processes and network to manage the efficient and cost-effective flow of inbound and outbound freight in support of company strategies. Key objectives are to optimize freight costs and ensure cross border compliance and service levels to meet customer commitments/expectations. Central point of contact for internal/external freight communications between carriers, internal departments, and third-party partners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Freight network optimization- analyze and select optimum solutions for inbound and outbound freight, including small package/courier, LTL, TL, offshore containers, and expedited air with consideration for speed of delivery, quality of service, and total cost.
- Manage relationships with carriers, customs broker, and freight forwarders including contract/rate negotiations and performance aspects.
- Work closely cross functionally to ensure the delivery performance of inbound and outbound carriers meet service times and are compliant with agreements and quality metrics.
- Oversee the freight claim process to ensure maximum recovery on claims and timely resolution.
- Review/monitor monthly financial account charges for accuracy, completing root cause analysis for discrepancies.
- Provide positive leadership to the Logistics and Customs team, supporting ongoing development and training of team members to understand full scope of Logistics and Customs.
- Lead the continuous improvement of process and system enhancements related to the Logistics and Customs area.
- Complete detailed analysis to better understand freight costs and trends with established KPI’s.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reviews of freight allocations to ensure they are aligned with Finance and reporting of financial performance.
- Be well versed and updated on current trends, challenges and issues relating to international and North American logistics, including tariffs and Customs processes, that could potentially impact NFI Parts; proactively communicate said issues with management and work to resolve with minimal impact to the organization.
- Maintain day to day functional working knowledge for completion of tasks within the Logistics and Customs area.
- Responsible to ensure all key controls (ICFR Internal Controls) identified under area of responsibility are designed and operating as outlined in the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Ensure policies and processes are established and adhered to ensuring goals and objectives for all regulatory, legal, and Group requirements are met.
- Assist in preparing the annual departmental budget and manage spending levels within budget limits.
- Maintain a good working relationship with counterparts across the other business units, sharing best practices, and working together to reduce overall Group freight spend where possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- High School diploma or equivalent with some Post-Secondary Education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with inbound and outbound freight process and carrier network.
- Significant experience in cross border and international shipping is required.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- MS Office and proficient in Excel.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- High energy, positive outlook, results oriented and self-motivated.
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Able to work well in a team environment and interact professionally with all levels of the organization, as well as externally with suppliers and customers (as required)
- 10% travel and ability to gain passport for international travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, KY 40258: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Logistics: 5 years (Preferred)
- LTL: 5 years (Preferred)
- inbound and outbound freight: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person